Sunday, January 13, 2013

Raindrops keep fallin' on my clothesline?

Yes, I know.  It's been WAY too long since I last posted.  It's been way too long since I took pictures just for me or to experiment or have fun.  So, on this very dreary, rainy (but almost 60 degree) January Sunday, I grabbed the opportunity to see what kind of shots I could get of the raindrops hanging from the clothesline.

I was pleasantly surprised by a couple of them.  Pleasant surprises have been on the agenda recently, so I hope it continues a while longer!  In addition to the typical family crazy schedule, I finally landed a job (although just part time) at the Friendliest (and Busiest) Place on Earth.  This past Friday was my first day out of training, so I'm still learning a whole lotta stuff!  The residents have been very nice and welcoming, and the staff is as well (and they're a lot of fun to be around, at least so far).


Those streaks in the background?  That's the rain falling.  Didn't know I was catching it, but oh, so glad I did.


For some odd reason, I am fascinated by the raindrops that just hang from the bottom of the clothesline, feeder poles, and eaves. These didn't fall . . . maybe it's the perseverance I appreciate.


This one was really a two-fold surprise.  One was catching that raindrop streak; two was the tree reflection in the raindrop!  I certainly didn't notice it when I took the picture.  Serendipitous wonder!


For this one, I liked the 3 different shapes/sizes of the drops, yet all reflect the trees in the distance.

I have greatly missed taking pics for fun or experimentation.  So much going on that has kept me from it (not just the weather).  I'm going to have to once again MAKE the time to take my little excursions into experimentation.  So much to learn, keeping in mind perspective and perseverance I'm so inspired by.  To borrow Nike's phrase:  Just DO It!

No comments:

Post a Comment