Tuesday, July 3, 2012

She's at it again!



My infamous college cohort, Jenny @ Owl Things First has done it again.  She nominated me for another blogging award.  I think she does this just to make me write an extra blog; it's that teacher thing she has goin' on . . . practice makes perfect.  Plus, as a birder, I'm sure she's thinking she's taken me under her wing in my fledgling blogging flights of fancy (and what a wing to be under!).


I know there are several of my friends who will claim that I am nothing if not versatile (others will claim I'm volatively versatile or exhibit versatile volativity).  I plead the 5th amendment.

What proof exists of my versatility?  Exhibit 1 would have to be words.  I love words.  I love learning new words.  I love creating my own special use words (splendiforous and fantabulous are two I use regularly).  I also love tormenting my local niece and nephew by mixing up syllables of words to see if they can follow through the content rather than the word itself (teaching them a bit of versatility at the same time, hopefully) - like flutterby instead of butterfly, or funa tish instead of tuna fish.  Just a hint - kitty cat doesn't work that way!  I wouldn't be blogging if I didn't love words and putting them together in ways to educate, embellish, or encourage.  I've been known to leave a running commentary on a friend's Facebook post where most of the words begin with the same letter.  I will also admit to intentionally misinterpreting a post to make them laugh.  I am also addicted to reading words . . . much to my parents' irritation at times.  I was known for reading the cereal box at breakfast if I didn't have anything else to read.  It often drove my mother nuts when I would read while everyone else was watching TV, and yet I'd be able to answer a question about the show AND what I'd just read.  It's a heavy burden, but someone has to shoulder it.

Exhibit 2 would have to be my interests.  To say I have eclectic tastes would be the equivalent of saying that the surface of the sun is a little hot.  There are a wide range of interests rolling around the noggin.  Musical interests are pretty diverse (although the age thing is showing up more and more lately and I'm a bit crotchety about what exists as "popular" music these days).  Can't get into Rap or a lot of the Hip Hop, but I'll listen to pretty much anything - classical, jazz, blues, show tunes, Rock, and Country.  I stubbornly refuse to have cable (there's nothing on those channels all day, either!), but am addicted to Netflix where I've watched documentaries (Endurance, March of the Penguins), BBC/English productions (MI-5, North and South [no, NOT the one about our civil war], Pride & Prejudice, Robin Hood [a 3 season series] - one actor is in 3 of the examples somehow . . . ), Action (Avengers, Thor, X-Men, Transformers, GI-Joe), most of the popular Romantic Comedies, some Oscar winners (The King's Speech!!!!), a few foreign films (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, Mongol), family films, and comedies.

Exhibit 3 would most likely be my creativity.  I like to make things.  I like to make some things that are just for looking pretty and others that are useful.  I like to make my own hand sanitizer, laundry detergent, and fabric softener, as well as household cleaners.  I like to find new uses for things (certain post-it notes used in conjunction with Mod Podge are great decorations on bathroom tile), and prefer they be unexpected uses!  I like to make greeting cards.  I like to make cupcakes, cookies, or other treats to share.  I LOVE to take pictures.  When my nephew was about 3 or so months old, his Meme said that he wouldn't recognize me without the camera in front of my face, and that he'd probably call me Aunt Flash.  Yeah, I take a few pictures when I have the opportunity.  I also like to be creative in my creativity.  I don't usually follow a recipe EXACTLY (at least not the 2nd time); I might "tweak" the instructions for assembly; and I do try to find new perspectives when taking pictures.

The fourth and final exhibit is that somehow each of the preceding exhibits all contain elements of each other.  Obviously, all contain words.  All contain a variety of interests that aren't necessarily thought of together.  All contain some form of creativity.  I AM the Versatile Blogger!  Hey, it's my world and I live here - y'all are just visiting!

Well, now that you know WAY more than you probably ever wanted to know about my little fascinations in life, I will share the rules for the award:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their blog.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

Which 7 random facts can you remember about me?  Which made you laugh the most?
In no particular order:  Ability to read and watch (or listen) to TV simultaneously; nickname (although short-lived thank goodness) of Aunt Flash; I have used post-it notes (they are Hello Kitty by the way) to decorate hide the ugly tile in a bathroom; I like to make my friends laugh; I love to read; I like to re-purpose; and I love photography.

Now, I only follow a few bloggers, so I won't be nominating anywhere near 15!  But, I do nominate the following:

Jenny at I'd Rather Be Birding! (hee-hee; she was nominated by someone else under a different blog she writes!)
Anna at Kessenuma Kazoku, whom I've never met.  I went to college with her mother, and have been blessed with Anna's (and for a time her sister Sarah's) posts about their missionary work in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment