Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall "Surprise"

I don't know why I keep thinking things are going to slow down soon.  Just about the time I think I'm going to be able to take some real time for myself, something else pops up to put me back on that never ending treadmill.

Yesterday, I had fully intended to take advantage of a nice day and mow the lawn.  Don't ask me what kept me from it, but I managed to be busy until well after sunset.  Knowing the weather forecast and my schedule, that meant this morning was the only time I'd have to fit it in; so much for sleeping in a little.

Several days ago I had noticed some buds on a couple of my daisy plants.  I'd forgotten they were the type that bloom in the fall and had written them off for blooming this year.  It was a very nice pick-me-up to see a couple in bloom and LOTS of buds when I headed out to the garage to get the lawn mower.  It was nice enough that I headed back inside to grab the camera for just a few shots.


Even though it was a slightly overcast morning, these daisies certainly brightened up my day and my mood (which is pretty amazing since I am in no way, shape, or form, a morning person).


Look at all of those buds just waiting to bloom!  It's going to be a fall full of smiles for me!  Love my daisies (and the Daisy they remind me of).




I get a kick out of the way the buds open and the petals bloom . . . sometimes they seem to open perfectly all at once, while other times they seem to open in stages.  It would be interesting to watch on time lapse photography, but I'm not ready to do much more than consider it ever so briefly!

Now that it's after 10 p.m. and I'm posting, I'm enjoying the sunny disposition of the daisies more than I did this morning!  I spent several hours at our local high school football game selling tickets (actually, I only sold 3 tickets; I spent most of my time telling people they can't smoke on school grounds or directing traffic).  I do enjoy it, but this was the 5th home game, and the 4th one where it has rained.  I went prepared w/ large golf umbrella and poncho, so I wasn't much more than a little damp, but it certainly was dreary and very nice to get back home!

To see these happy little flowers again is the icing on a pretty darn good day.  I think I'll have to refer to these as my Daisy daisies since they cheer me up when it's dreary, just like the Daisy they remind me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment