Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's me, world!

I'm finally taking the plunge into this world of blogging.  I've thought about it for at least the last year, but didn't think anybody would want to read what I had to say.  I've decided that blogging will be a good way to hone my writing skills.

The name of the blog, JEMinEYE, is a play on words for my zodiac sign of Gemini.  I chose the name because I love photography (but have SO much to learn about it), and spend a good amount of time w/ my camera.  JEM are my initials, and combined w/ "inEYE", indicates how I view life, especially through the lens of my camera, complete w/ an occasional gem of a photo.  

My plan is to get in the habit of writing on a regular basis, as well as seeking out more opportunities to get out and experiment w/ the camera.  And of course, you would be subjected to my ramblings and photos.  Lucky you!

I'm very new to all of this, so any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.

I've decided to start w/ a few photos I took earlier today in my yard.  We've by-passed Spring so far here in SW Ohio and gone straight to Summer!  The plants that are normally just poking through the ground (and sometimes snow) are in full bloom already, after a very mild winter.  We're enjoying this weather, but many of us are also waiting for that snow on Easter Sunday.  


Clover

I love clover until it starts flowering and the bees are out . . . love going barefoot, so I have to avoid stepping on those pesky bees.  I do still look (only for short times) for a 4 leaf clover since I've never found one.
Redbud Tree

Forsythia
Last spring was my first in a house rather than an apartment since I'd graduated from college many, many years ago.  I'm learning a lot about pruning the bushes, trees, and the overly abundant trumpet vine!  The Redbud Tree needs more pruning than I can handle, but I have the forsythia well shaped.








I do enjoy taking photos of the flora and fauna in my backyard, so you will be seeing squirrels, birds, and some of the other plants.  The photo below is probably my favorite that I took today, just because it's different.


There are a lot of different things that catch my eye, so you'll never know what might show up here.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the whole look of your blog...So happy to be a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting me started down this road! Yet another adventure to try to master.

      Delete
  2. Keep looking for the four leaf clovers. I have found a couple during my half a century. You have to spot them out of the corner of your eye. My wife's initials are GEM. I'll look forward to stopping by and seeing the world through your eyes and the eye of your camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grandpa Ted! How sweet - you can literally say your wife is a real GEM. (I know - major GROAN on the pun factor). Hope you enjoy the blog, especially as it is still developing (pun only slightly intended; more of a happy accident).

      Delete