Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy, happy, joy, joy! Hurry, hurry, bake, bake!

I heard a blue jay today!  The first one I've heard this spring, and just one day after I put out peanuts for them.  Whew.  I think I might survive the spring and summer now.

Today is whirlwind day at my house!  I'm having a Scentsy Open House tomorrow, so all of those things I've been procrastinating on are catching up with me.  I've already decided which ones to ignore and which ones I HAVE to deal with.  I've even decided where the last minute hiding of things will go!  I figure I'm pretty much on track then, right?  RIGHT!

The whirlwind part is in reality, baking.  It's about 5:30 p.m. and so far all I've made is a trip to visit Mom, a trip to the library, a trip to the grocery, a batch of saltine toffee, and some cake batter marshmallow treats.  Still have 2-3 batches of cookies and 2 batches of cupcakes to make.  Yes, I know I will have a TON left over, but I will take most of the leftovers to the staff at Friendship Village on Sunday, and then some to the day crew during the week.  I was also planning to make some special cupcakes next weekend for Easter Sunday, both for the staff and for family.




OK, so now it's time to start another batch of something!  I hope to get this post completed before 9 p.m. (I hate making goals, but do know it's sometimes important to have them!).

Jelly Bean Cupcakes . . . jelly beans inside, jelly beans outside.  YUM!



Getting ready to start the Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cookies in a few, and then I will be finished.  Decided not to make another batch of cupcakes, and may or may not make some oatmeal cookies in the a.m.  We'll have to see how tomorrow a.m. goes!




Sorry I missed my 9 p.m. goal for finishing this (as if you're all waiting for the second I publish it!).  But I finished w/ the pics as quickly as I could (blame it on the photographer, not the baker).

I know full well that if I'd take care of some of the housekeeping items when I should, I wouldn't be in such a mess.  But then again, I seem to thrive on deadlines and being busy.  Everything I'm dealing with seems to be part of a creative process (trust me, I can get VERY creative in getting things out of sight; just ask the guys who helped move all of my crap out of the apartment I'd lived in for 17 years!).

Seriously considering putting a sign up on the front door that says:

"Welcome to Joy's Scentsy Spring/Summer Open House!

If you came to have fun and socialize, c'mon in;
If you want to inspect the house, please make an appointment.

PS:  Please do not write in the dust."

Housekeeping may not be my thing, but I think I'm pretty good on the hospitality portion.  Whatever it will be, it will be an adventure, and a learning experience.  That seems to be my mantra . . . I'm betting few of my friends or family are surprised by that.

2 comments:

  1. I encourage my visitors to write in my dust! I'm too busy making memories to do too much cleaning!! Looks tasty....I'll be right over!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like that! Too busy making memories to do too much cleaning. Will have to use that one often! Stop on by anytime; would be nice if you were in the area and COULD stop by!

    ReplyDelete