Monday, August 20, 2012

Acetaminophen, Aspirin, & Caffeine - My Best Friends

If I needed proof of how crappy the weather has been in SW Ohio this summer, I discovered it today, written on the side of my Equate Extra Strength Headache Relief (WalMart's version of Extra Strength Excedrin) tablets bottle.  I write the date I open the bottle so I can gauge how much I'm going through in a month.  There are 100 tablets in the bottle, and I have 1 tablet left.  I opened the bottle on July 19th.  Just over a month to go through 99 tablets (and this isn't the only bottle I use, just the one I use the most).  YIKES!!

I'm glad that when I was out and about earlier today, I forced myself to get some pics taken.  By the time I got home, I was done in though, and am just about ready to call it a night (this from a night owl!).  I've been busy trying to coordinate the upcoming Tell a Police Officer "Thank You!" Day on September 15 and sending 6-1 gallon zipper bags of pop top tabs to a service dog group in Pennsylvania.  Fortunately, Mom had a great day and decided to go to a movie with a group from Friendship Village.  That gave me another day off this week, and unexpectedly at that.

After striking out in getting donations for September 15th (3 different businesses), I headed out to Eastwood MetroPark for a quick "shoot."  I'm glad I did.


It's August 20th!  Doesn't it seem to early for pine cones??



A body of water, a bright day, nice clouds . . . did you really expect me to pass up this opportunity?


Or this one?


I don't know what kind of berries these are, and the plant was growing up around one of the evergreens.


I had to do some walking to get a couple of shots of the Great Blue Heron.  He was in one spot as I drove by, but after parking and walking back, he took off just as I was getting to a spot where I could have gotten much closer.


I would love to catch a shot of those feathers on his back MUCH closer.  I want to know the texture of them, as well as those on the neck and top of his head.  I was more than a little frustrated that I couldn't get very close today.  On the other hand, I was glad to have gotten another opportunity.


These last 2 shots (above and below) are from the backyard.  More pics of the trumpet vine.  I do like how it's looking now that it's blooming a LOT and vining around the lines of the clothesline.  I'm too short to get a good picture of it from a good angle; guess I'll have to drag out some kind of stool to get a shot because it really is pretty.


Thanks to my best friends (Acetaminophen, Aspirin, & Caffeine) I am relatively functional.  It was touch and go there for a while.  I probably should try to find some chocolate and cold liquid caffeine to make the headache go completely away.  And if it doesn't make the headache go completely away, at least I'll feel a little pampered.

Off to hunt some chocolate and cold liquid caffeine, my very dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment