Saturday, August 18, 2012

Idyllic, Not Idle, Day

I'm not a morning person.  I like staying up late and sleeping in until I wake up.  If only the world revolved around me and let me do this more often.  Today was a HUGE event day.  I was going to my almost 5 year old nephew's first soccer game.  Considering he told his mom after warm ups at the first practice that he'd rather go back to baseball 'cause he didn't have to run so much, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Unfortunately, I hit the snooze button a couple more times than I should have, and ended up rushing around to get on the road to make the game on time.  Fortunately, I remembered to check the sky for a cloud and attitude check.  It's another beautiful day in SW Ohio, with nice fluffy clouds and beautiful blue skies.

As far as the soccer game went, the nephew had a few good moments.  I do believe the boy is a dreamer though.  There were several times the swarm of boys went right by him and he didn't notice; at one point, he just sat down on the field 'cause he wanted to; and he turned his shirt around at one point so the number was on the front.  I got some great shots of him laughing and having a good time, along with a few of him actually going after the ball!

After the game, I stopped for a quick lunch at Sonic, then headed over to Carriage Hill MetroPark for more pictures.  The clouds and blue skies had me convinced I was experiencing a peaceful, calm, relaxing, or idyllic day.  Could I share that feeling through pictures?
 












I hope you got some of that "peaceful, easy feelin'" I was experiencing.  It's been a great day for photography and laughter, but now it's a great day for laundry and baking.

Sending you all wishes for a peaceful and blessed remainder to your weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment