Sunday, May 6, 2012

Caped Moon?

My bizarre sense of humor is running rampant again.  Ever since I started hearing tonight's full moon referred to as a "super" moon, all I could imagine was either a moon wearing a cape, or unfortunately, a superhero mooning us "normal" folk!


Yes, I know, that's just bizarre.  Welcome to my world!  I am glad to report that while I took pics of the "super" moon, neither of my imagined scenarios were presented.  It was a beautiful, HUGE, and very bright moon shining down on us.



A group of friends and I drove out to the countryside so we could get away from the city lights and really see the moon.  It was MUCH darker than these first photos appear; it was already after 9 p.m.  I'm going to have to work harder to get the manual settings down for shots of the moon w/ more detail in them.






These last photos were taken from my backyard, between 10:00 and 10:30.  Definitely dark by then!  I'm surprised it was this dark considering all of the street lights that were on.  Maybe I should have stayed home instead of driving out in the country!





This last photo was taken about 11:35 when the moon was supposed to be at its brightest.  If it got any brighter, I'd expect it to explode!  I was a bit frustrated at that point, so after just a few more shots, called it a night.


I'd been working in the kitchen, cooking up goodies for the staff at Friendship Village tomorrow, then ran out back in my socks while one tray was in the oven.  Unfortunately, I had turned off the back porch light, so I didn't see the slug I started to step on.  GROSSNESS!  Yup, turned the porch light on as I went inside to take off my socks and pick up the carton of salt.  I salted those nasty things quite liberally before I went back to trying to take pics.  And apparently, there was a slug-fest (as in a party of slugs) out there because I saw about 3 more all huddled together.  Yup, all seen slugs were deluged in a salt downpour.  Don't even feel guilty about it.


So, take some pics, kills some slugs, then get back inside to finish up the goodies for tomorrow.  It's already 11:50 and I will be working at that for another 30 minutes.  What?  Blog?  Oh crap.


So, now I've finished the baking, uploaded the photos, washed dishes, and have started rambling along . . . I still need to get the Baked Cinnamon Sugar Churros (using puff pastry, very easy and quite tasty!) together and in a container, plus finish cleaning up.  I hope I remember to set the alarm when I finally make it to bed . . . 


Good night super moon.  I hope whatever your super powers are, you use them for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment