Thursday, June 7, 2012

Avians, Take Me Away

So relaxed at this point that I almost forgot to write up a post!  ALMOST.


I got to spend more time than usual outside today with all of the neighborhood birds.  Sitting in the yard, watching and listening to them always lifts my spirits and relaxes me.


I had two relaxation sessions today, which is highly unusual.  I'm very glad to have had it though!  I'd been pretty tense, and I can feel a definite difference in my neck and shoulders.



It certainly helped that I got to see quite a few of my Blue Jay friends!  This one started out on the telephone wire, but he didn't stay there!


Most of the birds used the top of the fence to roost; I thought this was much more individualistic, which means high approval marks!  You can also see in the bottom right hand corner my re-blooming lilac, which is close to re-blooming!




Another appearance by the beautiful Blue Jay, beak filled with peanut.  Yes, I try to keep the one feeder with peanuts in it to tempt them and the woodpeckers to the yard. 



I liked how I managed to catch one bird coming in to land, one leaving, and two just hanging out.  



Imagine that!  Another shot of a Blue Jay.  There were several times 2-3 of them were chasing each other away from the feeder; I'd not seen them do that  here before.  I guess they're feeling comfortable and at home?



This little one was just a couple of feet from me, and showed no fear at all!  All of this seed was in a feeder that the squirrels have learned to tip and dump the seed.  One of these days I will learn not to refill that feeder completely . . . 



Mr. Cardinal stopped by to pose - right profile . . . 



 . . . and left profile.



I think this is a cow bird; I'm pretty sure when I see one of the males, but I'm not too sure about the females.




Caught another one coming . . . 



  . . . and another one going.




I had to be VERY patient to get this pic.  This little guy, I believe is a chickadee.  He normally doesn't spend long enough at any one feeder for me to get a shot!


Oh, and on top of it all, Bella (the hummingbird) showed up tonight, too.  I was outside, and she flew up to the feeder, and I got to talk to her for a few seconds before she flew off again.  She zoomed by again later, but didn't stop.


And if that wasn't enough to make my day, I bought 4 more (different) rolls of Duck Tape tonight!  Oh, the creative juices are flowing!!

2 comments:

  1. The chickadee is so hard to get a good picture of! They move so much. I did love this post!!
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got as much relaxation out of it as possible! I wish I had a tape recorder to tape all of the songs I got to hear tonight. I needed this. Everyone needs it.

      Delete