Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fun Campus Pics

Well, I am totally and completely blown away at the number of people who read my late Sunday evening post.  I'm glad, because it was much harder to write than I anticipated.  Actually, the writing was pretty easy - the editing of it was the tough part.  What to leave in, what to take out . . . agonizing decisions!

I'm not into agony, so I'm gonna have a little fun with today's post!  I'm using more pics from my trip to C2A2/Con-U today; some are nature shots, some artsy fartsy shots, and some because the subject made me laugh.


Spotted this sunny little flower on my Friday evening trek . . . I like how it seems to be floating in mid-air.


Apparently honeysuckle is invading everywhere!


I've only seen a few goldfinches in my backyard, so it was nice to have a chance to catch one with the camera.


I watched this bee on the thistle for a couple of minutes.  He must have been shy 'cause he wouldn't let me get different angles of him . . .


Loved the detail in the shadow on this one.


From this angle, it looks like the chapel spire is growing out of the trees; I don't remember seeing pics from this angle before . . . remember being the key word.


There were 3 pieces of wood like this grouped together.  They reminded me of the sun-bleached skulls/antlers depicted from the western deserts.


Pine cones already?  It isn't even technically summer and they're out!


The way these bins were lined up so precisely made me think of soldiers in formation (or robots in formation); I also like the way their shadows cross the painted lines on the asphalt.


Is it just me, or does it seem that this pine cone is floating?


 I liked the way this turned out; it's where the water from a fountain is hitting the water . . .


Does anyone else see a person's face on the left??  I didn't when I took the pic; I took it because of the curves and angles and the green against the blue . . .


I don't believe the intent of the artist was to frame the fire hydrant with the sculpture, but when I saw this, I HAD to get a shot of it.


I liked the reflection of the spire . . .


And one of the lilies blooming around the chapel.

Today, it's about enjoying what we see, and being thankful for the different types of beauty to be found when we look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment