Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Do It!

I decided it had been long enough since I'd been out taking new photos, plus I'd been successful in donating blood earlier, and was now able to take the Extra Strength Excedrin again.  Whew.  I really should buy stock in that and Benadryl . . .

So, I took off again for Huffman MetroPark, and in a short 40 minutes, got some shots I'm more than a little happy with!  I really like the challenge of finding new ways to see things, especially when I manage to hold myself to taking pictures every day.


This was one of the first shots I took, and I almost stopped after I got it.  I'm glad I didn't though - this isn't my favorite for the day!


Changed the focal point a little to have more of the reflected sky and clouds in the frame.


I liked the part of the tree w/ the stripped bark - hadn't seen one that was yellow before.


I liked how the V of the fallen tree fit the intact tree, and that you can see the roots from the fallen tree.  I also like the different contrasts in colors and light and shadow.


There's a lot of greenery around, but this shot gives a slight idea of how gently the water was moving here.


I liked how the pieces of what appear to be part of a dock have survived, and that in contrast to the foliage nearby and reflected in the water.


Still not to the favorite picture for the day, but this is another one that's right up there.  We've had so many extremely sunny days with beautiful blue skies and cotton ball clouds that I HAD to get a couple of shots of it.


The flow of the water as it was disrupted by a small island .


I don't have a clue what this plant is, but I liked the spikey-ness.


THIS is my favorite shot of the day.  It's almost made me dizzy a couple of times I've looked at it as the ol' brain tries to figure out exactly what it is I'm looking at.  I think that's why I like it though - it requires some thought.


I wasn't sure I'd be able to capture the almost brush-like strokes of color changes in the water.  It turned out better than I'd hoped for.


And the final shot of the beautiful sky and cottony clouds - the sun highlighted the clouds perfectly.

I had almost convinced myself not to go out for new pics but to take another break.  I'm really glad I didn't because I don't know I'd have gotten the same shots on another day.  Now I'm more motivated to go out every day to take pictures.  The hard part now is deciding where to go!  There are so many great places around here for photographs that it's takes me longer to decide where to go than it does to take pics once I get there!  But it's been worth it - the self-imposed challenge has pushed some creative limits, and encouraged me to try different angles or perspectives I wouldn't have thought of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment