Monday, April 2, 2012

Bloomin' Lilacs!

It's been a busy day, running errands, visiting Mom, dinner w/ friends.  I finally feel like I can relax now.

I'd been outside earlier checking out the plant status, and am a little disappointed that the tulips are taking forever to come up.  The clematis is greening nicely, and even the straggly rose is looking pretty good.  Just for kicks, I checked out the re-blooming lilac, and it was blooming!  Tiny, itty-bitty blooms, but blooms anyway!


I can relate w/ this particular little lilac bush right now.  It's been a rough couple of years, but there have been so many positive "little blooms" in my life during that time.  Being out of a job for over two years hasn't been easy, but it would have been a whole lot harder to deal w/ Mom's medical issues if I'd been employed.  I also wouldn't have been able to spend time w/ my niece and nephew, or just go out experimenting w/ my camera.  I've been MUCH more creative in many different ways, some to save money, some to try a new way of looking at things.

So, whether it's a drought or a downpour, hot or cold, sunny or overcast, windy or calm, I can be thankful for the deep roots to hold me through those times.  Nobody is promised an easy time in life, and at times we're all overwhelmed.  But I'm determined to see the lilacs bloomin' around me no matter how bad it gets.  I know there are many people who are going through much more difficult times, and my heart goes out to them.  I may be there some day, but today, I'm making it through by the grace of God.

Looking for the bloomin' lilacs all around me every day and looking forward to seeing them re-bloom.  God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me, Joy! You inspire me to see good in places I hadn't looked before and to take pictures so I can look at things differently! Being a caregiver is a full time job...The benefits are that you will never feel like you didn't do enough!
    Jenny
    I'd Rather Be Birding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I usually feel like I'm not doing enough; I hate that Mom can't live on her own, & that she's so easily frustrated. We've never had the easiest of relationships, but I try to focus on doing the right thing, not the easy or quickest thing. It's become one of my mantras.

      Delete