Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taxing

 Tax Day 2012.  This year, the taxing part has nothing to do with paying the government.  It's been a physically taxing day . . .

Just finished mowing the lawns, so I figure that was at least the equivalent of a mile walk.  I'm seriously considering going for a walk around the 2 blocks that make up a mile in a little bit, and I walked a mile this morning.  Might as well do it while I feel up to it.  Oh, and I won't feel quite so guilty while eating my mushroom pizza later . . .
Back yard before mowing
Back yard after mowing

I'm not seeing a huge improvement between these two pictures.  But, I guess for that to happen, someone would actually have to work on pulling or killing the weeds!  Sorry, I don't do weeds (yet?).  I figure if I can mow them down, that's good enough for now.  The Queen of Procrastination shines.

Let's see . . .  I've walked at least 2 miles so far today, done two loads of laundry, mowed the lawns, and discussed photographing a wedding.  As far as stress levels, I'll take the physical walking, laundry, and mowing over the stress of photographing a wedding!

The person who asked me if I would considering photographing her wedding is an aide at Mom's assisted living facility.  I don't have a problem with her, or any of the other aides.  I have a problem with the level of stress I would put on myself to do a good job.  Since I love photography, I would want to produce excellent photos (each one,  not just a couple of them); if it were my wedding being photographed, I would want one beautiful shot after another and then have a difficult time deciding which pictures I liked best.  Those expectations are what I would want to deliver for someone else.

I have photographed a few weddings before.  I was a nervous wreck the entire time, each time.  The first two were with film cameras, so they were extremely high stress.  The last two were with digital and film cameras, and were in some ways easier.  For one of them, I wasn't the official photographer, so that made it a whole lot easier to deal with.  

My half-sister's wedding was a whole 'nother story!  Loved the pre-wedding and reception shots.  I'm not a big fan of posed photos, so I really didn't like that part.  Since it was family, there was a lot of grief from family members about how long it was taking, why weren't we finished, etc.  SO glad it's well behind me.  I did get a few pictures that I loved, but they were candid shots.  I need to find someone who likes to take posed shots . . . 








So, I'm waffling about this potential wedding "gig."  I know a couple of people who've gone through the community college photography course, and I like their work.  MAYBE one of them could join me and reduce the stress??  That's the most taxing thing I've dealt with all day!

Time to go walk around the blocks (pizza's due in an hour).

No comments:

Post a Comment