Monday, April 16, 2012

Puffy Clouds

Oh so strange day today.  I think if I hadn't procrastinated on a few tax issues, it would have been better!  Mine were already taken care of, but I figured I'd have to pay a little on Mom's, so I waited.  It's not too hateful, but for some reason, I'd rather pay federal taxes than state . . . so I'll take care of it tomorrow - at the last minute.

But, as I was out driving Mom to and from her appointment today, I noticed how beautifully blue the sky was, and how nice the clouds looked in contrast.  It made me want to be lying down in the grass looking up at the clouds, searching for designs.

See the clouds and that itty bitty part of the sky?  Sorry, I was
distracted by the itty bitty birdy!
More clouds and sky here . . . wish I
could have seen interesting shapes.
Unfortunately, when I finally made it home, I had no opportunity to just lie around watching the clouds drift by.  Think I'll make an appointment to do that on Wednesday if it's another nice day.

As I drove up the street to the house, I was greeted by a most unwelcome site.  They were "fixing" the hole where the latest water main repair had been done.  Fixing is in quotes because if they are finished, they should NOT be paid!  The asphalt patch is at least 1-2 inches below the rest of the road in most spots.  I can avoid that area for the most part, but to do the work, they had the eastbound lane completely closed off and the westbound lane could barely accommodate a car; where the cones were placed made it almost impossible for me to make a left turn into my driveway.  Of course, the workers were busy packing up the equipment and heading out of Dodge before residents could ask them any questions!


But, trying not to fume and fuss too much, I grabbed the camera and went outside.  The clouds and sky weren't exactly cooperating with intriguing shapes and good sky/cloud ratio, so I tried a few things, then it was back to some of my tried and true spring favorite blooms.


It's sad, that when we're young, we spend so much energy wishing we were older and not have everyone else telling us what to do all day (and not realizing how much MORE we're told what to do as adults!); as adults, we long for the carefree days of our youth.  The days I'm able to do the simple things like watch the clouds and look for shapes to appear are highly sought after and greatly appreciated.  I've found that sitting in the back yard reading and listening to the birds, squirrels, and wind chimes is very therapeutic for me.  I'm pretty sure I'll be needing to make more time for those therapeutic moments!

My re-blooming lilacs.  Since we had such an early spring,
I'm REALLY hoping I'll get to see several more
blooming times.  This is the most it's bloomed so far.
Daisies!  Can't wait to see their sunny blooms.
Lily of the Valley.  I was beginning to think they weren't
going to bloom.  Whew. 
Violets.  Love 'em!!
Hmmm . . . it's now dark, and temps are a little cooler, but looking over the pictures, I'm feeling more mellowed out again.  I wonder if the person who discovered photography envisioned it being an escape of sorts, a virtual therapy session?

No comments:

Post a Comment